Friday, March 27, 2009

This is my first blog ever, most skydivers would say that I owe beer. It is common place in the skydiving culture to buy beer for everyone every time you do something big for the first time, or do something stupid. This could be categorized both ways I suppose.
I am starting this blog to tell my story, so far it has been very interesting and continues to get more and more exciting every day.
Today I am working on a website for myself, and it is taking a long time to learn the program and web design, a subject that I have very little experience with.
I only did one wingsuit skydive today, because of bad weather setting in, but it was a good jump.
I was coaching a wingsuit student that wanted to learn how to better deploy his parachute to be more stable and consistent. This is something that is very important on a skydive but even more important on a wingsuit BASE jump, which is what he is training for.
The dive went well, this guy was 35lbs - 17kgs lighter than me, so it was a challenge to keep up with him, but somehow I did. Part of it was the fact that I was jumping a higher performance wingsuit than he was.
The dive had an interesting ending with my student flying through a cloud and deploying on the other side, you can imagine my surprise flying out of the same cloud to see a parachute a few feet in front of me, one agressive left turn and I was safe again, phew.
The weekend is starting and many familiar faces are showing up to the dropzone, Skydive Sebastian, Florida, for a skydiving event. This is going to be a fun weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment